Sunday, September 4, 2011

What Is It?

There will be no photos to accompany this. One, because it is gross and the second because its embarassing.
Saturday night, after all urgent care facilities have closed...we have an issue. I have developed this huge hard knot on my calf, it's red and purple, and has a spot in the middle. I am a little freaked out. So, I make a call to my nurse mom who is always on duty and send her a photo. After talking with her I am more freaked out. Is is a spider bite? Did I hit it that hard on something and not remember?
I am supposed to watch it and if it gets any bigger, go to the hospital. Out of my purse, I pull out the only thing I have...an orange SHARPIE...and I outline it in little dots and wait. Nothing major happens, it hurts, but after 45 minutes-- nothing happens. I take my trusty ambien and no longer care if it turns my whole leg purple.
This morning, I wake up to a huge purple mark on my leg with tiny BRIGHT orange freckles on it. It has turned out to be nothing major. It just hurts to touch, so I can't get the sharpie off. Fabulous. At least the temperature has dropped and I don't look like such an oddball in long pants.

No comments: