Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fighting...

We have never had to deal with fist fighting until now. Parker came home crying--not because he was severely hurt, but because he thought he was going to be in trouble for socking a kid in the face.
The questions...are you ok? is he ok? were you defending yourself? what happened? did you hit him in the face or the balls? (Bobby's question-not mine)--My response to that--REALLY??
After talking to him, and a neighbor kid, we determined that he was in fact defending himself. Good!
I have told him not to take anything from these kids, some of them are bigger and if he lets them bully him once, he will be a target.
THEN...the kids mom comes to the door. She looks all of fifteen, although I don't think that is possible. She is ready to discuss and make them apologize. First you can't make a kid apologize and it mean anything. Second...did I mention that she looks like she is 15??
We met her at the door, and she probably thought we were the grandparents! LOL
She quickly lost her puffed up appearance and told me that her son was throwing a "fake" punch...and I politely told her that throwing any punch at my son was going to get a response. Bobby says that I said it like three times, but she backed down and went home. I didn't force Parker to apologize, but he did.
I told Parker that if he didn't defend himself he would be in trouble, but he did the right thing.
If you don't agree...well don't mess with my son...or his momma!

No comments: