Friday, September 2, 2011

Insomnia vs. Ambien

Many people have had a good laugh at my expense this week, but that is OK...because I am finally sleeping. My family has been telling me about crazy things I have been doing this week, since I am trying this new drug. I have decided to tell on myself, because it is funny, and just in case you get some freakish text from me in the night you will know I am medicated.
The first night, sitting in bed with my tea and my book. I am told that I was looking all over for my drink, so Bobby helped me find it (in my hand) and sit up to take a drink. After he took it out my hand, took his hand off my back and I fell straight back into the bed-sound asleep.
Night two, my daughter is standing at the end of the bed talking to me, and I am certain that there are two of her. To prove it, I use my phone to take a photo of her and shocked to see that one of her is invisable in my photo. She then convinces me that I need to turn the phone around to take the photo...so I do. Lo and behold she tells me the next morning and yes, there is a picture of her and another of me, eyes wide open taking a photo of myself.
Night three, my friend ordered a cake from me for her anniversary that was delivered that day. I wanted to know how it was and remember thinking I would contact her the next day. I texted her a few messages that I found the next day...sorry D! LOL
Last night, I sit up in the bed and ask how we got home...but we had not actually gone anywhere.

My phone is always with me, I have a teenager, a husband that is sometimes out of town, and an extended family that I am available to almost all of the time. My business is also tied to this number. I spend quiet a bit of time in the car waiting to pick someone up or waiting for something to start. During this time I have become an addict of Words with Friends on my phone. I have 20 games going right now, (only because that is all that it allows) and when the the "ding" goes off that someone has played...my first instinct is to check it!
I tell you all of this to tell you last night after my wonderful sleeping drug, Bobby tried to take my phone. I told him that I couldn't give it up, because my Words with Friends (friends) would play without me.
I am sleeping finally... and right now that is what matters! I hope you got a little giggle from this!

2 comments:

Vicki Lee said...

You might want to have Bobby install deadbolts on your doors that YOU can't reach during the night(LOL)!

Lisa said...

this is fantastic! I've got funny stories, too...what a wonderful drug ! lol