Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mom v. Teacher...Finding a Happy Medium

This summer I have got to spend all of my time being mom. This is the first time in three years that I have been back to "full time" mom. It's been fun and quite an adjustment. Tomorrow, my last one starts back to school. I have a huge list of things that I need to do, another list of things I want to do, and another of things others need/want me to do. I love that I'm fortunate enough to have the choice to work, and thankful for the option.
On the other hand, I spent the last three years preparing to teach. I was not sure right off the bat that teaching was for me...then I went in the classroom! I LOVED it!! I miss my students, I miss seeing the impact I make, and I miss the little things that made my day (see photo).
So, currently I am looking for my happy medium. I don't know where I will find it, but I know there is a bigger plan. I just have to wait and see where my skills are needed!

No comments: