Sunday, January 8, 2012

Times have Changed

I stepped back into the classroom as a teacher this week. This experience, along with all of the things I hear out of my own children has given me a perspective on change.

Do you remember when....

hunters had gun racks in their trucks?

the school did not have a group of people dedicated to technology?

the teachers used chalk and erasers?

police officers on campus meant something BIG was happening!

there were classrooms without air conditioning?

shorts were not even an option for school (so how short was not an issue)?

there was no gum chewing or food/drink in the classroom?

PDA meant a trip to see the principal?

everyone stood for the pledge of allegiance AUTOMATICALLY?

Well, times have changed! Some for good, some not so much. I am sometimes amazed at what I hear and see in school today. I am certain that much of it was going on back when I was in high school, I just was not paying attention. Technology has certainly opened up a new way of life and has also crippled us to a point. I know that this post is showing my age, but with age comes experience. I will take wisdom from experience over being a teenager again--everyday of the week!

No comments: