Thursday, August 25, 2011

I love a schedule...but this may be a bit much!











Signs that school has started! Dinner table covered with books...and a large sweet tea!

At one time in my life, I was a very spontaneous person....really, I was! My life now does not allow much unplanned activity. I like that I know where, and when, and how it is all coming together each week. My planner looks like scribbles in a coloring book to the ordinary eye...but a mom would know my short hand version of appts., orders, lessons, practices, doctors appts., and classes to list a few.

I have felt a little overwhelmed for a few weeks, but I am getting a handle on it, I think.

The oldest child's schedule for high school and tennis practice and games is pretty stable, unless you add in sleepovers, rainouts, and various other activities.

Olivia and Parker are my homeschoolers, and their schedule, while flexible, depends on me to prepare, adding in extra curriculars and lesson plans, many ortho appointments, and field trips.

My 18 hours this semester is spread over two days, allowing for homeschooling and my homework...but little else on those two LONG days that I am away.

School, along with a business that took off much faster than I thought, DEMANDS a schedule. So, if I don't call you back immediately (or text) like I have always done...don't be offended, your on the list being worked into the schedule! I promise!

Fortunately, Bobby is backing me up on the homeschool front, helping with the constant demands to be here, there, or somewhere else, and staying in town for awhile, and I can't thank him enough!!









No comments: