Tuesday, September 11, 2012

More than just 9/11

Every year, the first half of September is a roller coaster for me.
Eleven years ago, I was nine months pregnant and praying that I would not go into labor on that day. Selfishly, I did not want my child born on a day that would forever be in history a negative memorial --overshadowing his special day.
The next day I prayed I would not go into labor, because it marked the one year anniversary of loosing my sister. That day would have always been hard for me to celebrate on.
The good Lord knew, because he gave me Parker the following day.
So, I understand the sadness of today, but I can't wrap all of the emotion into memorializing 9/11. Things that are much closer to my heart are on my mind.
Immature and selfish, maybe. I truly appreciate all of those that served and put themselves in action when this happened. In my mind, they have many people remembering them, and this day is no more important than tomorrow.

No comments: